In the discovery of the high school Montesquieu

Visit assured(insured) by the high school students will allow to appreciate(estimate) the historic buildings(ships) but also the recent accessible(approachable) extension since the glass footbridge ov

  • Culture
© Lycée Montesquieu

Visit assured(insured) by the high school students will allow to appreciate(estimate) the historic buildings(ships) but also the recent accessible(approachable) extension since the glass footbridge overhanging the street The Hatter.

Guided tours by the pupils of Art history as part of action(share) «History(Story) of Sideboards(Schools)» in collaboration with the Council(Advise) of Architecture, of Town planning and of Environment (CAUE) of Gironde.

About the venue

Place Longchamps, 33000 Bordeaux, Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine
  • Édifice scolaire et éducatif

The current establishment is partly established on the site of an old(former) hydropathic Institute conceived(designed) by the doctor Paul Delmas in 1860s. In 1901, the city council acquires(buys back) places to make the appendix of the high school Montaigne for the small classes. Committed works fast, are going to organise the high school around a central court(yard) delimited by galleries which allow to reach schoolrooms directly. Autonomous from 1946, the high school takes the name of "Montesquieu" two years later. It will be renovated a first time in 1970s then restructured and spread(widened) by the architect Jeff Dananik between 2005 and 2007.

Lycée Montesquieu © Région Nouvelle-Aquitaine