As a visual artist, painter and photographer, Bernard Garo takes a committed look at the world around him by integrating natural materials in his paintings.
Within the framework of the exhibition All Against the Earth (tout contre la Terre), the artist will hold an artistic residency on the following themes: climate change, planetary limits and the emotions that resonate within each person.
This residency is nourished by the artist's exchanges with scientists from the Museum of Natural History, notably geologists. Throughout the residency, the public will be able to follow the evolution of his work, which will culminate in a final installation exhibited until June 25, 2023.
In this temporary studio located within the exhibition all against the Earth, videos will document the performances carried out in parallel by the artist on top of glaciers. Ephemeral installations will punctuate this residency in perpetual motion.
- The Mountain, from September 17 to October 30, 2022 - Main medium : painting with natural material
- The Mountain: a scarification, from November 5 to November 27, 2022 - Main medium : print on graphite paper and wash on film with walnut stain and Indian ink
- The skin of the glaciers, from December 3, 2022 to January 29, 2023 - Main medium : photography
- The Thaw, from February 4 to February 25, 2023 - Main medium : video
Weekend of performance
- Sublime disaster, March 4 and 5, 2023
- Give us back the beauty, March 31 to June 25, 2023
Meeting with Bernard Garo and guests
Free Sundays, from 2 to 4:30 pm, continuous
- October 2, 2022
- November 6, 2022
- December 4, 2022
- February 5, 2023
Location: Natural History Museum, 3rd floor, in the room at the end of the temporary exhibition "Tout contre la Terre".