Former chapel of the cemetery, modified over the centuries, this parish church has been restored. Built around the year 1000, it is the parish church since the 15th century. Originally composed of a single nave and three bays of Romanesque style, it was often refitted over the centuries. Between 1540 and 1574 two lateral naves were added: that of Saint Joseph to the north and that of the Rosary to the south.
In the nineteenth century, the latter was enlarged by removing the sacristy, later rebuilt outside. At this time is attached on the west facade an apse with cut sides to receive the baptismal font .
The archbishops of Aix made important donations for the decoration of the church and the brotherhoods competed for the magnificence of the chapels for which they were responsible.
The remarkable crib of Jean Salgé (1876-1935) will be opened.
About the venue
Built around the year ten hundred, it is the parish church for the XVth century. Consisted at the origin of a single nave and of two spans of Romanic style, she(it) was often redeveloped over the centuries. From 1540 till 1574 are added two side naves: that of San José in the North and that of the Rosary at noon(south). In the XIXth century, the latter(this last) is extended by abolition(deletion) of the sacristy, rebuilt later outside and by extension(extra time) of three naves towards the West. The archbishops of Aix made important gifts(donations) for the decoration of the church and brotherhoods competed for the splendour of the chapels for which they had the responsibility. Photo credits: The friends de Jouques