Free visit of the Martyrs Chapel (in the cemetery) from 10am to 6pm.
During the Vendée Wars, on January 25, 1794, the Infernal Columns destroyed, burned, the village and the inhabitants hid in the countryside. General Cordelier, vexed at not finding men, stops, 56 women and children. Before them, the church was ransacked and they were tried at the presbytery and condemned to death for helping the brigands. They are shot and killed with swords. There would have been 4 survivors. A tribute is paid to them by the site of the «old chestnut tree» preserved and by the construction of the Chapel of the Martyrs in 1875 dedicated to Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows. Bones found on the spot and memories of the Vendée wars were deposited there.