The present church, dedicated to Saint Philotheus, patron saint of the city of Athens, was built between 1895 and 1897 by the faculty of medicine, which was then owner of the estate, in accordance with the wishes of the donor.
Although it retains the side walls of the old Romanesque chapel of the monastery of Grandmont, the architect Pierre Arribat has moved away from his refined style by his architectural and decorative choices.
Since 2000, this church has hosted a Greek Orthodox parish.
About the venue
Dedicated to the Holy Philotherapy of Athens, this Orthodox church of Montpellier was founded in the eleventh century by the monks of the order of Grandmont. Open to all, it now welcomes in addition to the Greeks, French, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Serb, Syrian, Georgian, Eritrean, Egyptian, etc. Liturgical celebrations are celebrated in French and open to all.
Access: Parking nearby - Bus N°9