Visit the chapel freely

Built in 1451, on the ruins of a small oratory of the thirteenth century, the chapel is built at the head of a bridge over the Vienna, an important place of passage for men and goods. Of st…

©Ville de Saint-Junien

Built in 1451, on the ruins of a small oratory of the thirteenth century, the chapel is built at the head of a bridge over the Vienna, an important place of passage for men and goods. In flamboyant Gothic style, enlarged thanks to the generosity of Louis XI, the chapel was restored in the late nineteenth century. Upgrading work was completed in 2013, with the complete restoration of the western facade.

chapelle, XVè siècle, sculpture, église-halle

About the venue

Quai des Mégisseries, 87200 Saint-Junien
  • Monument historique
  • ,
  • Édifice religieux

Built in 1451 on the ruins of a small oratory of the thirteenth century, the chapel is built at the head of a bridge over the Vienne. In the flamboyant Gothic style, enlarged thanks to the generosity of Louis XI, the chapel was restored at the end of the 19th century. In 2012-2013, restoration work was carried out on its main façade.

Access: Access via a few steps.

Chapelle Notre-Dame-du-Pont ©Traumrune