Commentary by Jean-Yves Henry, research officer at the General Inventory of Cultural Heritage of the Grand Est Region.
About the venue
The domain of Launard, originally called "Aulnaire", is former ducal acensement renewed in 1610\. Since its inception, it has consisted of a barn surrounded by nearly 3 ha of land. In the aftermath of the Revolution, this acensement, like all the others, became the full property of its censitaires. The trace of it is found only from the first cadastre of 1808\. The bulk of the estate was then the property of Jean-Joseph Tisserand, who resided there and worked as a cheese maker and reconstituted it in its entirety. He rebuilt the main building, the farm, in 1820\. This date is confirmed by dendrochronological analysis (dendronet). As evidenced by the 1847 cadastre, the property has been enlarged by objects taken from the forest. After a long conflict with the Department of Water & Forests, the estate was surveyed again and after an amicable arrangement, finalized in 1857\. The estate is the subject of many improvements made over the centuries. The terraces of crops are still visible in
Access: Parking located at the Launard branch on the Route des Fourmis in Gérardmer.