On the occasion of this heritage weekend, let yourself be guided within the hotel of the region and the former Abbey Saint-Clément and admire every nook and cranny.
During the tour you will see:
• The well of the 4 Virtues, in the courtyard of the Cloister
• The monumental staircase
• The Congregation Chapel
• Foch Gallery
• The Deliberation Room
• The photographic exhibition "Portraits of a territory" by the General Inventory of Cultural Heritage • The exhibition "La Fab'rik, Fabert du lycée impérial au lycée 4.0." presenting the study of the Saint-Vincent de Metz district.
About the venue
The Hotel de Région is located in the former Benedictine abbey of Saint-Clément. The oldest known mention of this abbey dates from 1099, it was then located in the district of Sablon. But it was destroyed in 1552 when the Duke of Guise decided to demolish all the buildings located outside the ramparts. The monks took refuge inside the city and settled at the present location of the abbey. The convent was built from 1669 to 1705\. The church was built in two stages, from 1683 to 1685 and from 1716 to 1737. The former cloister of the Abbey of Saint-Clément offers an elegant polychromy. The chapel of the Congregation, located nearby, is built in 1857. The former abbey is surrounded by a garden in which is a fountain of Claude Goutin built in 1985\. It symbolizes the four departments of Lorraine by the stones used: the stone of Jaumont for the Moselle, the gray limestone of Norroy-lès-Pont-à-Mousson for the Meurthe-et-Moselle, the white limestone of Euville for the Meuse and the pink sands