Programme: "Nocturne baudelairien" (works by Debussy, Poulenc, Fauré and Chopin)
Concert organized by the association Pianos en Arbois with the support of the city of Arbois and in partnership with the association Les Concerts du Doubs
About the venue
The museum bears the name of the family which left to the city of Arbois, in 1902, its mansion as well as its furniture and its collections of objects (exceptional china and silver plate) and of works of art (paintings(boards) the from XVIIth century till XIXth century, among which the from the Franche-Comté painters Courbet and Pointelin). After the death in 1931 of madam de Sarret who had kept(guarded) the pleasure of the house, the museum opens in 1934\. These works reflect lighted(enlightened) tastes by several generations of a family belonging to the provincial aristocracy, apartments of which kept(preserved) their internal decorations(sets). The portraits of Arboisiens drawn in the pastel by adolescent Louis Pasteur are also exposed(explained). Date of first opening: On 1934.