Fables of the Fountain in the theatre of the castle of Groussay

Fables of Jean de La Fontaine played in an exceptional case

  • Spectacle / Lecture
  • Arts et divertissements
  • Tarif habituel
  • ,
  • Sur inscription
Troupe du crâne

« Similar in tales, Fables of master(teacher) Jean join our report(memory) from childhood. Identifying the Man across the animal, they denounce(cancel) his beauties and his ugliness, updating our own weaknesses and our surprising naivety. Like a reflecting mirror, this range(fan) of the imagination transcends daily reality with humor and ferociousness. Theatre of life, Jean de La Fontaine, incomparable genius(engineering) the writing of which joins the perfection of verb, touches excellence. These small heads - of work offer privilege to the actors of the Troop of the Skull to put them living and to offer them to you with enjoyment and gratitude(recognition). Come share these instants of happiness. »M.F-D.

About the venue

Rue de Versailles 78490 Montfort l'Amaury
  • Jardin remarquable
  • ,
  • Monument historique
  • ,
  • Villes et Pays d'art et d'histoire
  • ,
  • Château, hôtel urbain, palais, manoir
  • ,
  • Espace naturel, parc, jardin

Le château de Groussay a été construit en 1815 pour la Duchesse de Charost, la fille de Madame de Tourzel, gouvernante des enfants du roi Louis XVI et de Marie-Antoinette. Racheté en 1938 par Charles de Beistegui, esthète inspiré, Groussay s'agrandit en 1952 de deux ailes dont l'une conduit au théâtre et de "Folies" ou fabriques conçues avec la complicité des artistes Emilio Terry et Alexandre Serebriakoff et des architectes Desbrosses et Costi. La transformation du château et la création de "fabriques" se sont poursuivies jusqu'à la mort de Charles de Beistegui en 1970. L'ensemble est classé au titre des monuments historiques depuis 1993. Depuis 2015, l'association Patrimoine Aventure fait revivre ce lieu magique au travers des différents événements mis en place, pour le préserver.

Access: Parking

Château de Groussay libre