In the discovery of an old(former) smithy
Explicative visit will make you relive this place at the time of industry from 1715 to the end of the XIXth century marking the beginning of industrial decline.
About the venue
Created in 1715, the smithy of Boncourt-sur-Meuse is resumed(taken back) by Pierre Paillot-Frambeaux (1763-1831) in 1814 (taken in lease then repurchase in 1829). Negotiating barisien, the latter(this last) began(undertook), indeed, since Revolution, to create a company of foundry and of smithy, by acquiring(by buying back) bankrupt factories in the Meuse(Maas). After his(her,its) death, his son, installed(settled) in Paris, begins(undertakes) to transform the site of Boncourt, which does not work practically any more, in residence of campaign(countryside) soon rechristened «Castle of the Smithy». Efforts concentrate mainly on the creation of an English-style park, taking advantage of the reach and of the old(former) slag heap, with in climax(pause) a footbridge in cast iron stemming from factories of Vadonville. The history(story) of this smithy joins so development and decline of the old(former) meusienne metallurgy between the XVIIIth century and the end of the XIXth century. She(It) also puts forward(also advances) the destiny of families existent from trade which, thanks to their smartness and their business acumen, knew how to take advantage of Revolution and rising liberalism, to base(establish) real companies and to raise(bring up) their standard of living to the point of resuming(taking back) the attributes of the nobility.