Guided tour of the organs of the Abbey church Saint-Nabor
Organs of French classic style of the 18th century renovated after the war.
Organs of French classic style of the 18th century renovated after the war. It is about an organ of French classic style built in 1770-1771 by the mailman Barthélémy CHEVREUX. The whole decoration is of style late Louis XV or even Louis XVI. This organ was victim of the bombardments of 1944. It was renovated and inaugurated on April 26th, 1987. He(It) contains 4 keyboards, 1 crankset, 39 games(sets) and 2 407 pipes(tips). Pipes(Tips) are leaden or tin. Mechanics of oak wood. The organist will readily enter into the spirit of the game of demonstration of this complex instrument.
About the venue
The old(former) Abbey church, become seat(siege) of constitutional worship(cult) further to revolution, was built between 1755 and 1769\. In November, 1944, an American bomb(spray) crashes on the building(ship). Works of restoration(catering) will last to in the seventies and return to the abbey church his(her,its) purity and his(her,its) simplicity, as well as more modern stained-glass windows. The church receives(holds) many treasures, such the retable of the Virgin(Virgo), the entombment, the great organ...