Opening of the castle Simon de Chatellus and exhibition(exposure) over 60 years of the Metropolis of Grand Nancy

The castle Simon de Chatellus will be unusually opened and will receive exhibition(exposure) "on 1959-2019, the Metropolis of Grand Nancy, 60 years of common history(story)"

  • Exposition
  • Gratuit
Métropole du Grand Nancy

The castle Simon de Chatellus will be unusually opened and will receive exhibition(exposure) "on 1959-2019, the Metropolis of Grand Nancy, 60 years of common history(story)" In 1972, the premises(places) of the District are transferred from Nancy to Villers-lès-Nancy. Indeed, in every grip(taking) of new skills, the District expands. Until then accommodated by the City council of Nancy, he(it) becomes necessity which he(it) moves. He(It) settles down therefore in the castle Chatellus. The Castle belonging then to Yves Guillet de Chatellus, is acquired(bought back) by the District in 1970. Exhibition(Exposure) redraws 60 years of common history(story), a retrospective to celebrate cooperation between local councils in the service(department) of a territory and its inhabitants. The castle shelters the eponym school today since 1989. The main body and the dovecote stay only. In the location of the court(yard) had to be the frank house of the Lords of Widranges in the XVIth century. A parking lot replaces the buildings(ships) of a farm. Unusually opened to the public, a part(party) of the castle will make the object of guided tours on the occasion of JEP 2019.

About the venue

4 rue Albert 1er, 54600 Villers-lès-Nancy
  • First participation
  • ,
  • Exceptional opening
  • ,
  • Château, hôtel urbain, palais, manoir
  • ,
  • Édifice scolaire et éducatif
  • ,
  • Lieu de pouvoir, édifice judiciaire

Le bâtiment fut un temps dénommé « Château de Villers » et occupé durant plusieurs années par le « district urbain ».
Il fut construit à coté de la maison franche édifiée au XVIe siècle par les seigneurs de Widranges, d'après les plans de Claude Thomas Gentillatre, acquéreur de la propriété en 1751.
C'est lui le bâtisseur de plusieurs édifices les portes Sainte Catherine et Stanislas de Nancy. Il a aussi construit, sur ordre d'Emmanuel Héré, l'arc de triomphe, les basses faces de la place Stanislas.
Le château a été acheté à Yves Guillet de Chatellus par le district urbain en 1970 et racheté par la ville en 1985. Il abrite aujourd'hui une école élémentaire, l'école du château Simon de Chatellus.
Le domaine a été amputé pour assurer d'autres constructions, en 1975.

Ecole du château Simon de Chatellus DR