Arts and entertainment at madam de Graffigny
The castle madam de Graffigny will receive an exhibition(exposure) on " the life of luxury ", others on villaroises parties(holidays), fires(lights) of devices or kites, animations and guided tours
The castle madam de Graffigny will receive an exhibition(exposure) on " the life of luxury ", others on villaroises parties(holidays), fires(lights) of devices or kites, animations and guided tours The castle and the park madam de Graffigny are theatre for several decades of festivities among the ruddiest of Villers-lès-Nancy. In the park, the famous party(holiday) of grape harvests (65 years in 2020, however!) pitch yearly tents and stages(scenes), music celebrates there on June 21st, just as the party(holiday) of nature in May. The park also contains many modern and contemporary sculptures. The castle receives regularly concerts, exhibitions(exposures) around the BOULEVARD or jobs(businesses) by art. And the gallery madam de Graffigny is for more than 10 years the case of the works of emergent contemporary artists or of international stature! In the programme of JEP:
- guided tours of the castle madam de Graffigny
- exhibition(exposure) of boards of comic strips " a life of luxury ", created on the occasion of the edition(publishing) 2019 of festival VillersBD
- exhibition(exposure) and workshop(studio) around kites, proposed by Is Air
- exhibition(exposure) on popular parties(holidays) of Villers-lès-Nancy, a bottom proposed by the Events committee of Villers-lès-Nancy
- exhibition(exposure) / demonstration around fireworks presented by JSE
- stand(pit) information about the operation of patrimonial sponsorship of the castle madam de Graffigny and on application smartphone " 7 castles " developed by 3 students of the UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NANCY BRABOIS.
About the venue
Originates, small houses of village were bought and gathered(combined) by Dominique Constant, cook of the duchess of Lorraine and father of Raymond Constant painter of the churches of Nancy. The Collonet family, related to Callot from whom(which) madam de Graffigny comes (it is the arrière-petite-nièce of the engraver) was also holder of the domain. By 1712, François Huguet de Graffigny will be at the origin of the castle and of the park, of which the famous agronomist Charles-Alexandre Mathieu of Dombasle took care. The financier Elie pursued the arrangement(development) of the park and the castle was reorganised in 1865.