Built in 1751 for René Binet, valet of Louis XV and close to Madame de Pompadour, the hotel was acquired in 1772 by Madame du Barry, who installed her domestic service and collections there.
After the death of Louis XV, the property passed to the Count of Provence, future Louis XVIII, and then experienced many military and institutional uses in the 19th century.
Purchased in 1937 by the Versailles Chamber of Commerce, restored and inaugurated in 1939 by President Albert Lebrun, the hotel is the headquarters of the CCI Versailles-Yvelines.