logologo
HelpLoading...
16 and 17 September 2023Passed
Conditions
Free. Free entrance. Access during guided tours.
Registration
September 2023
Saturday 16
10:00 - 18:00
Sunday 17
10:00 - 18:00

Moulin de Salles

24350 Tocane-Saint-Apre
  • Dordogne
  • Nouvelle-Aquitaine

Discover the operation and life of the mill

The Moulin de Salles will be open to the public with guided tours on the operation of the mill and its equipment. An exhibition on mills and conferences will be offered to the public…
16 and 17 September 2023Passed
Conditions
Free. Free entrance. Access during guided tours.
Registration
©Sylvie Berardi

The Moulin de Salles will be open to the public with guided tours on the operation of the mill and its equipment. An exhibition on mills and lectures will be offered to the public on the life of mills and millers.

Types d'événement
Visite commentée / Conférence
Thèmes 2023
No selection
I agree that the image may be freely used, provided that it is attributed to the author by name and shared under the same conditions.
Conditions de participation
Gratuit
Type de public
Tout public

About the location

Moulin de Salles
24350 Tocane-Saint-Apre
  • Dordogne
  • Nouvelle-Aquitaine
The first date back to the 12th century, since it was mentioned in 1187 in the Cartulary of Chancelade! Between 1222 and 1232, Itier de la Brande and his son were co-owners with the Saint-Astier!
There were successively two Mills of Halls installed on the Dronne. Wheat mill then oil mill, the Moulin de Salles sees several generations of Meuniers known until the eighteenth century, thanks to the parish registers. There are no remains of the first Mill except a few foundation stones.
In 1855, on February 26, major construction work began on new buildings. It is the Marquis de Fayolle, then owner of the place, who decides this construction signed in 1863! This new Moulin de Salles, in dam, is high of a floor surmounted by attic, and capped by a roof with two sides covered with hollow tiles.
The current project to renovate the mill includes first preservation work and then repairs to restore it to its traditional flour and nut oil activities. It has all its equipment and the proposed visit
Tags
Édifice rural
Access
Access by car and on-site parking.
©Sylvie Berardi