Maison des Avocats
36, rue de la Résistance 42000 Saint-Étienne
Loire
Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
The former Chamber of Commerce was built in 1821 by Jean-Michel Dalgabio to house the chamber of commerce and industry and the condition of silks. It was then restored, between 1856 and 1875, by Étienne Boisson, then raised one floor in 1892 by Léon Lamaizière. The ceiling of the hall of honour was made by Albert Maignan (allegory of industry) and includes several medallions executed by the painter Émile Noirot. The building has been occupied since 1993 by the bar association. The flourishing activity of industries in Saint-Étienne required the creation of a Chamber of Commerce in 1833\. The institution, initially located in the City Hall, was transferred in 1851 to the premises of the Palais de la Bourse, built in 1821 to house the Condition des Soies, in the current street of the Résistance. In 1994, too cramped, she settled on the former site of Manufrance, cour Fauriel. The Order of Lawyers then bought the premises. The hall of honour pays tribute to the industrial activities of th
Tags
Monument historique, Architecture civile publique, Lieu de pouvoir, édifice judiciaire

©Cliché Serge Marcuzzi